HOME Forums Bhakti Shastri Nectar of Instruction Nector of Instruction Lesson 24

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

01. When Upadeshamrita is for seekers, why does it start by telling who can become a guru? – (Ref: Mantra 1, Lesson 24)

02. Is it a correct understanding that “Unless the six urges are controlled one cannot make progress in Krishna Consciousness ? Therefore the topic of six urges is discussed in the purport of the first verse ? (Ref: Mantra 1 – Part 1 & 2, Lessons 24/25)

03. In Preface, it is mentioned that NOI instructions are first set of instructions for neophyte devotees. In text 1, qualification to become eligible for a spiritual master are described. How do we understand and relate that NOI instructions are for neophyte devotees ? Or is it to be understood as instructions for taking neophyte devotee to Madhyama Adhikari level ? (Ref: Mantra 1 – Part 1 & 2, Lessons 24/25)

04. From the purport of NOI 1:
    “This kind of prāyaścitta, or atonement, is condemned by Parīkṣit Mahārāja, the most intelligent king of his time. Śukadeva Gosvāmī, equally intelligent, as befitting the spiritual master of Mahārāja Parīkṣit, answered the King and confirmed that his statement concerning atonement was correct. A sinful activity cannot be counteracted by a pious activity.”

All statements are true, but the connection between the last statement made about sinful activity with other statements is not understandable. As atonement doesn’t clear sinful tendency but it clears sinful activity and thus the person commit sins again and again, then why did Sukadev Goswami state that sinful activity cannot be counteracted by a pious activity instead of saying that sinful tendency cannot be counteracted by atonement. In which context has he made this statement ?

(Ref: Mantra 1, Lesson s 24/25)

05. Question regarding Assignment 1.3 –

How many steps must we have in total for this assignment? 10? 5 steps to control the urge of speech and 5 steps to control the urges of the mind? Or 5 alone that covers both the urge of speech and the urges of the mind? The other part of the question is that, I observe that a word limit is given for each question, that is 250 words limit must be followed while writing responses. So are we expected to write the 10 steps, 5 for controlling the urges of speech with references from the Upadeshamrita text 1 and 5 steps to control the mind with references from the Upadeshamrita text 1 in only 250 words? I am worried about this word limit because I have tried to answer this question listing the 10 steps [5 for the urges of speech and 5 steps to control the urges of the mind] in 250 words and for me it’s impossible to do so. I am exceeding the word limit and I don’t know what to do. Please share some enlightenment on this aspect of the assignment.

(Ref: Mantra 1, Lessons 24/25)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.