This course contains the essence of a study of the text and the principal ideas within the Bhagavad-gita. Bhagavad-gita is the most famous spiritual book in India, spoken by Lord Krishna on the Battlefield of Kurukshetra 5000 years ago. In this course, we have considered the Bhagavad-gita and tried to establish the main themes it pursues in its teachings, thereby seeking to identify the full significance of this famous scripture.
The Bhagavad Gita appears as a section of the Bhishma Parva, the sixth section of the Mahabharata, at the point just prior to the eighteen-day battle at Kurukshetra. The hopes of the Pandava faction rest largely on the martial prowess of Arjuna, the third of the five brothers, but at the start of the Bhagavad-gita we find the hero disconsolate and unwilling to wage war against his own family members, the Kauravas. At this point Lord Krishna begins to offer instruction to Arjuna. The initial intention of the discourse is to persuade Arjuna that waging war is not necessarily an act of wickedness, but the full treatise goes far beyond this initial thesis, developing into a full exposition of eternal truth.
This course has been designed for the students of Vedanta, spiritual seekers, and all who wish to live a life of quality and perfection. This on-demand online course provides the flexibility of studying at your own convenience without causing any disruption of home and work life. You progress at your own rate, taking one video at a time, so that it suits your schedule.
This course is divided into seven sessions
1. The search for happiness
2. Does God Exist?
3. Who is God?
4. Who am I?
5. Why do bad things happen to good people?
6. Topmost yoga system
7. Practical application of Bhagavad-gita
Each unit has a series of online video classes and linked reading material to be studied by the candidate.
Multiple choice quizzes (MCQs)
You are required to study the video lessons to attempt the MCQs.
These quizzes are based on the video lessons and the linked reading material.
The grades of MCQs are automatically calculated by the system.
While you are attempting the multiple-choice quiz, you shall see total number of questions on left panel and also the countdown counter.
Once you attempt any question, the color of the question number on the left shall change to light gray. Unattempted questions remain white in color.
You can change the choice of any question, before finally submitting the quiz.
After you submit the quiz, you shall see your marks (calculated by the system) appearing in the gradebook.
Each question carries one mark.
There are two attempts for each MCQ.
The highest grade between the two attempts shall be considered as your final grade for that MCQ.
There are a total of 6 MCQs, one for each lesson.
You will be considered to have passed the course if you get at least 50% marks.
If someone has scored less than 50%, he/she will be given a second chance.
Few Guidelines before proceeding further
01. If you are not able to enroll into the course by Paytm or Paypal, then you may download the following registration letter.
02. Fill up all fields and send us at email@example.com
03. If you are enrolling into the course by either Paytm or Paypal, then there is no need to download the registration letter.
In that case, please provide the correct billing information while checking out so that we can send you the receipt for the fees of the course.
Guidelines for asking questions or sending your queries
When you are sending the message, please send by email mentioning all the necessary details.
1. Please mention the name of the course in the subject.
For example, Journey of self-discovery (English), ISKCON Disciple Course (English)
2. Name/Number of quiz/assignment where you are facing any issue.
3. If your grades are not displayed properly in the gradebook, then please mention the number of the quiz or assignment.
4. If you are facing any issue with login (password not working), please mention your first name, last name and email which is used for registering at the site.
5. If you are facing any other issue, then please try to mention it more clearly with screenshot so that it is easy to locate it and resolve it.
Communication email for this course is firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to receive the certificate, you will have to complete the course within six months.
Once you have completed studying all resources and activities, an e-certificate will be available at the end of the course for you to download.
Following is the format of the certificate,
Radha Gopinath Das