‘ISKCON Disciple Course (English)’ course material
Registration is necessary for course guidance, examination & certification. Unregistered candidates can access the course material but are not eligible for examination and certification. Register
The course material required for ISKCON Disciple Course is listed below. These are on-demand video sessions that are available 24/7 wherever you are. Learn online at your own pace, whenever and wherever it’s convenient for you. While there are deadlines, you can learn at hours convenient to your schedule. All video sessions are designed specifically for the distance-learning medium and are taught by Bala Govinda Das, an outstanding devotee instructor with many years of classroom teaching. Our video sessions nearly replicate the face-to-face classroom.
For your convenience, all course videos are hosted on YouTube
. This will enable you to access on practically any device, including smartphones and tablets. You can even choose the video quality & size depending on your bandwidth speed. You can view the videos even if you have low bandwidth. If you have good bandwidth speed then you can view excellent quality video in full HD (1080i with a widescreen aspect ratio of 16:9, 1920×1080, 2.1 megapixel). Thus, you can watch the videos on big monitors or you can even project the videos on screen using overhead projector. This is especially useful for studying in groups (eg. bhakti vriksha / counsellor meetings).
For more details on how to adjust the video quality, please click here
We would recommend you to please watch “Your Ever Well Wisher” – video biography of His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.
This course is divided into four units.1. Introduction, Theory And Context – Lessons 1 to 4
2. Establishing The Relationship With Guru – Lessons 5 to 7
3. Acting In Relationship With The Guru – Lessons 8 to 11
4. Co-operatively Fulfilling The Relationship & Consolidation – Lessons 12 to 14Each unit has a series of online video classes & linked reading material to be studied by the candidate.
• The candidate has to scrutinizing study each video & corresponding reading material from the Student’s Hand Book.
• The candidate also has to appear for the following exams:
1. MCQs after each video
2. Short Assignments at regular intervals
Open Book Assessment on completion of all the four units
• The candidate will be considered to have passed the course if he / she gets at least 65% marks. The marks are based individually on –
1. MCQs and Short Assignments
2. Open Book Assessment
If the candidate has scored less than 65%, he / she will be given a second chance.Note: All students are required to keep a print out of the Students Handbook with them for reference while watching the videos.
Question & Answer
Email relevant questions regarding the content of the video to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the video number & topic of the video in the title of email.
Course material for the four units of ISKCON Disciple Course
Student's Hand Book
Student’s hand book – download
Note: All students are required to keep a print out of the Students Handbook with them for reference while watching the videos.
1. Introduction, Theory and Context
001. Lesson 01 – Welcome & Introduction (Duration 11:33 min)
002. Lesson 02 Part 01: Guru Tattva (Duration 09:33 min)
003. Lesson 02 Part 02 – Types of Gurus (Duration 08:20 min)
004. Lesson 02 Part 03 – The Parampara System (Duration 06:24 min)
005. Lesson 02 Part 04 – Posthumuous Ritvik Theory (Duration 24:39 min)
006. Lesson 03 – Srila Prabhupada – ISKCON founder Acharya (Duration 20:29 min)
007. Lesson 04 – ISKCON Gurus (Duration 25:19 min)
2. Establishing the Relationship with Guru
008. Lesson 05 – Guru Padashraya (Duration 12:43 min)
009. Lesson 06 – Selecting Guru (Duration 16:42 min)
010. Lesson 07 – Initiation Vows (Duration 17:15 min)
3. Acting in Relationship with the Guru
011. Lesson 08 – Guru Puja (Duration 11:44 min)
012. Lesson 09 – Guru-seva (Duration 15:03 min)
013. Lesson 10 – Guru Vapuh and Vani-Seva (Duration 19:06 min)
014. Lesson 11 – Guru Tyaga (Rejection of the spiritual master) (Duration 20:09 min)
4. Co-operatively Fulfilling the Relationship & Consolidation
015. Lesson 12 – Presenting one’s Guru (Duration 11:31 min)
016. Lesson 13 – Relationships within ISKCON (Duration 06:14 min)
017 Lesson 14 – Conclusion (Duration 04:31 min)
The founder acharya of ISKCON – GBC foundational document
On keeping vows by His Holiness Sivarama Swami
Siksa Outside ISKCON by Sivarama Swami
Siksa-guru by Sivarama Swami